Lime Soil Stabilizer, 100% natural
Natural Floor is a lime floor stabilizer, a new product made out of treated sand with natural hydraulic lime and a hydraulic binder. These components act on the sand by reducing its water content. The clays flocculate and this facilitates its compaction, improving its mechanical properties, by increasing its loading capacity and allowing a quick commissioning.
Natural Floor uses:
- Roads and paths construction
- Natural tree pits, draning, porous, permeable
- Gardens and patios
- Front yards
- School playgrounds
- Cycle routes
- Rural and agricultural roads
- Horse race tracks
- Golf track
- Historic projects
Natural Floor is designed for the construction of low-traffic sidewalks. It is a 100% natural solution, a sustainable construction project.
Natural Floor pros:
- Durability, increased resistance to erosion, rain aggressions, wind, etc. It therefore offers unlimited durability without maintenance.
- Complete integration to the landscape because it can be made practically from any type of sand and its natural appearance allows a perfect integration to the environment and the landscape around.
- Costs reductions due to its resistance to vegetation and rain.
- Easy shipment
- Easy application
- Comfort in any seasons thanks to its porous coating, which prevents water accumulation and avoids puddles
- Cleanliness, no dust nor puddle, avoids mud
- Natural aspect, No “over-architecting”
- Different finishes, from natural appearance with little or very loose grain, to a smooth concrete appearance. Dye can even be added to achieve exactly the colour you wish.
Natural Floor, soil stabilizer applied on site
- Soil preparation. Ensure that the ground will support the additional weight without deforming, then level the ground, in case of holes or significant level differences
- Moisten the soil without flooding the surface
- If formwork is necessary, note that during the compaction, the sand reduces by 25%. Keep this in mind and calculate a height of 25% more to get to the desired thickness. Velestone wood boards or dividers can be used and left as lost formwork.
- Extend the material by maintaining a uniform thickness
- Level the deposited sand with a ruler
- Compaction. Make a first pass with the compactor without vibration, then a round trip with vibrations and end without vibration.
- You can get a granular surface with a soft polypropylene brush
- During the following week, in order to maintain the surface moistured, it will need to be sprayed.
Recommended thickness according to each need
Footpaths, recommended thickness between 7 and 15 cm.
Parks where few circulation of light vehicles is permitted, thickness between 15 and 20 cm.
Urban areas where traffic of vehicles weighing up to 10 tons per axle is exceptionally allowed, thickness greater than 20 cm.